When time is short and delivery options are exhausted, this is what I make. Super easy.
Can be used as a burger marinade or even meatballs!
Serves 4 when accompanied with a salad and Basmati Rice.
Can also serve gyro-style in pita bread with yoghurt sauce and veggies
- 1 pound ground beef (can use lamb or chicken too)
- 2 tablespoons Kabab Mix
- 1 teaspoon ghee or melted butter
- Olive oil spray
- Cast iron grill pan
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to a non-metal bowl and mix well
- Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes
- Heat cast iron grill pan on medium heat
- Divide meat into six portions and roll into balls.
- Pierce them with skewers and shape into long logs on the skewers
- Spray grill pan with olive oil
- Grill for a few minutes on each side until cooked through
- Transfer to a plate and let the kababs rest, covered, for a few minutes
- Serve with naan and Basmati Rice