Ok, I admit, this spice blend is HOT!!! I couldn’t take the heat after two bites! Mr. Spicy Pants was happily eating away as I was slowly dying. Adjust according to your taste!!!! Also, this is sodium-free, so salt accordingly!
Serves 2 when accompanied with a salad and Basmati Rice
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces. You can also use bone-in meat, but we prefer boneless skinless meat.
- 2 tablespoons Vindaloo Mix
- Diced potatoes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 2 cups water
- Marinate the chicken in the Vindaloo Mix for a few minutes. If using potatoes, marinate them in the same bowl too
- In a pot, melt the 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter on medium
- Carefully add marinated chicken (scrape all the spicy goodness too!) into the pot and stir for a few minutes
- Add two cups water and turn heat to medium high
- When boiling, carefully taste for salt and add if desired
- Lower heat and simmer covered until chicken (and potatoes if using) are cooked through and oil is separated on top
- Serve with warm naan and Basmati Rice
- If it is too spicy, add yoghurt when eating. Drink lots of milk. Good luck.