Oh my goodness! I could have Chicken Tikka made with our Tikka Mix everyday! Let me share this addictive dish with you!
If you prefer a vegetarian version, substitute the meat with Paneer or Potatoes.
Serves 2 when accompanied with a salad and Basmati Rice
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces. You can also use bone-in meat, but we prefer boneless skinless meat.
- 1 tablespoon Chicken Marinade
- 1/4 cup Greek full-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon high heat oil like sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 tablespoon Tikka Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream (reserve some for garnish)
- Cast iron grill pan
- Marinate the chicken in the Chicken Marinade and yoghurt for at least a half hour.
- Heat grill pan on medium and add high heat oil. Cook chicken on all sides until a nice sear forms. Set aside. (Can also broil chicken in oven if desired)
- In a pot, melt the 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter on medium.
- In a small bowl, mix the Tikka Mix with 2 tablespoons water until it forms a paste
- Carefully add to pot and stir for a minute
- Add tomato paste and some water if needed. Stir until paste is incorporated into a gravy and bubbling gently.
- Add seared chicken and any juices released. Stir and simmer on low until butter separates from sauce.
- Transfer to serving bowl and use the reserved cream for garnish
- Serve with warm naan and Basmati Rice